PIKO 37440 DB IV BR103 Electric Loco
Inventory: Currently out of stock, ship dates to follow
PIKO 37440 DB IV BR103 Electric Loco|
About the Model:
- Detailed 6-axle locomotive with spring-loaded metal pantographs (not equipped for overhead pickup)
- Two powerful 5-pole precision can-type ball-bearing motors
- Numerous molded-on and separately applied details including lights, windshield wipers, handrails, horn, bumpers, and more
- Operating red and white directional lighting
- Detailed engine room interior and engineer figure
- Digital DCC decoder and sound ready (Use a PIKO #36229 sound kit in conjunction with PIKO loco decoder #36122)
- NOTE: Locomotive will run on Analog DC, but sound functions ONLY on Digital DCC. There is no sound on Analog DC power.
- Heavy duty, durable hard-chrome plated ball-bearing wheels
- Hook and loop type couplers
- Crisp and clean lettering and logo designs
- Created with incredibly tough weather-resistant materials
- Minimum recommended radius: 600mm / 23.6”
- Length: 721mm / 28.4”
- Made in Germany
Even after 50 years - thanks to their
timeless appearance - the legendary cult locomotives of the BR 103 series are
among the visual highlights on German railway lines and attract a lot of
attention. This is a newly-tooled model of this iconic engine for the TEE and
IC service of the DB. In showing the original prototypical skirts, scissor
pantographs, and red/beige paint in the short version, PIKO is fulfilling the
heart’s desire of many G-scale operators and lovers of attractive locomotives.
As the first model of this class in G-Scale, the PIKO BR 103 distinguishes
itself by replicating all the external appearance characteristics of its
prototype. The finely painted and printed model impresses with maximum reliability,
robustness, ball-bearing axles, chrome-plated wheels and directional lighting.
The cab includes an engineer figure and control stand.
To emphasize further, there are many
individually applied details such as hand grabs and windshield wipers. In addition
the BR 103 from PIKO also has high pulling power and excellent driving
characteristics. The model is prepared for easy installation of a digital
decoder and sound system, as well as engine compartment lighting.